African outfits

African outfits
Our crazy family

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This is it

Last year at Faithwalkers (December 27-30, 2010), I felt a desire to do something BIG and to see God work in my family.  I wanted to get out of the security of my own little world and do something completely different with my family.  This caused me to spend more time seeking God and asking Him for direction.  On February 3rd, 2011 - God put it on my heart to pursue going to Africa with our family.  He didn't speak audibly to me but it was the closest thing I have experienced of "hearing" God.  My husband and kids came together in prayer with me to see what God would have us do.  11 months ago we started our journey together in prayer, asking God to provide all that we would need to go to Africa, if this was truly HIS desire and plan for our family.  I have been a Christian for years and to be honest this is the most clear direction I have ever had from God.  I don't know why, but God doesn't always give us such a clear vision in all things He is leading us to do.  Even though there were days of waiting within this past 11 months, it all has come together EXTREMELY fast.  God must have amazing things in store for us!

Tomorrow, the 5 of us will leave for Cameroon, Africa, and we will finally get to see what God has been preparing us for.  Thank you so much for your prayers for us.  We will try to keep you posted as much as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for safety, health, patience, and an overwhelming work of the Holy Spirit in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SO EXCITED for you guys and all that God has planned! We'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it is already tomorrow! So excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear all of the stories of you adventure when you return! By the way, a new purse from Africa or some fun earrings would make me feel better about you being gone for so long! :-) Just kidding! I will miss you, but I am so excited for you! I will be praying for you everyday!!!! Love, love, love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family is praying for you all! We look forward to hearing all about God's amazing works when you return. The neighborhood will NOT be the same without you. Some of our kids are still in shock after hearing there will be no sledding hill this year! :) Love to all dear neighbors!

    ReplyDelete