African outfits

African outfits
Our crazy family

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Paraguay

The next adventure is in the works!  While Kyle and Drew were in Cameroon doing construction, Ellie and I started praying for an opportunity to go on a mission trip to an orphanage...or at least something with children.  We didn't have to wait long.  Faith Baptist (where the kids have gone to AWANA and I have volunteered) is going to Su Refugio in Paraguay this summer.  We decided to step out and take the first steps to see if this was a possibility.  We both wanted it SO bad!  Su Refugio is a community of believers that has an orphanage, school and a church.  We will be helping tutor kids and doing whatever we can to serve.  This is right up our alley.  I have wanted to go on a mission trip of this kind since I was 12 years old.  The cool thing was how fast God provided all that we needed to go - it was very affirming.  Then when our funds were in - they stopped.  That has been our experience every time we have stepped out in faith to serve in missions, God provides just what is needed without excess.  I love that!

We leave Minnesota on June 23, 2013 and will return July 7, 2013 - my hope is to blog about our experiences at some point.  I'm looking forward to seeing some new friends that I haven't met yet.... the bond of Christ is amazing.  Pray for us and the whole team.  What a joy to serve with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment